Thursday 2 February 2017

WAVE AFTER WAVE...

I look back,

And even though I know I shouldn't,

It's the only direction I feel safe enough to take on,

Ways I have walked before,

Lengths I have pulled in the past,

My only sanctuary,

In a world so uncertain.

Running so fast,


But the only direction I seem to be getting on,

Is backward.

Slow run,

Or fast step.

No one avenue seems to be the best.

And I cry and moan,

And hope to the heavens for mercy as deserved as my own death,

For only the warmth of my grave can comfort a drowning soul.

Tired,

Exhausted,

Not knowing right from wrong,

Or back from forth,

Back and forth I keep going,

Praying and hoping that this would be the last breath.

Help me,

Hold my hand, why won't you?

The waves of a life so uncertain threaten to carry me to the depth of the sea,

But see I am not afraid.

Should I be? I am not

I have been here before,

And wave after wave drifted me away from the truth I have known for so many a day.

Though I look back,

I know I shouldn't.

But behind me,

Is the only sure path that has led me to the unknown I see today.

No comments:

Post a Comment