Sunday 10 March 2013

YOU DONE USED YOUR LAST STRAW ALREADY

I may not be strong enough to carry my loads,
and that's why I may need you there sometimes.

Not to help carry my load,
but to tell me that I'm strong enough.

Sometimes,
My load is just too heavy with baggage,
You may not understand,
But please don't judge me,
Just tell me I can.


The load I carry may be too heavy for me,
So heavy, that it comes so close to the ground,
So close I think I'll drop it!

But then I don't.

You may not be the best to help carry my load,
Because truth is,
You got your own load too.
 
I'm sober now, 
Not drunk as I was when I thought,
You,
Would actually help me.

Well move over you son of a gun.
I'll carry my loads myself. 
You pick yours,
and you stay away from me.

I've been carrying my load for a long damn time,
and I'm surely going to go on with my noble act. 
What use is a man,
if he can't help forge me forward.

I can do this myself. 
You heard me, all by myself.
You stay away.
You done used your last straw already.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed it was Diero.I like to let my experience inspire all my pieces. It is what makes them 'me'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda felt like a knife to the chest

    ReplyDelete