Thursday 21 May 2015

LEGITIMATE LOVE AFFAIR...

You are a page I closed long ago,

A book I am yet to shelve,

Because I want nothing to do with anymore.

I would have disposed of you,

But shouldn't we be kind?

I choose to keep you off the stores, book sales or anyone's shelves,

My enemy's too.

Your words, nothing as interesting any more.

Your cover, 

Worked perfectly to hide secrets I thought were once intriguing.

Foolish I have been,

Confused,

Over interest, for poor judgement.

A good-read you were meant to be.

My very own Charles Dickens,

Oh, a series I thought would never end,

A sequel whose release I waited for with baited breath.

Before the wisdom in the books,

I had little knowledge,

None you can say.

But oh I am wiser now,

Well-read they say.

With all you taught me,

I can be a better author,

Have award-winning books,

For that, Sir,

I hand you the best title,

Crispy,

Legitimate love affair,

My sins wrapped in a box,

Signed, sent, delivered,

With a ribbon on it,

Your name all too bold.


No comments:

Post a Comment