Wednesday 5 November 2014

I'M HUMAN...

I'm human,
I walk, and I run,
I can cry, and I can fight.

All that I've been,
Make it so.

The choices I've made,
The marks I've left.

All the best show who I've been.




I'm only human,
My daughter's mother,
My husband's wife,
I know not how to be anyone else.

I'm human,
I've made mistakes,
Moves I've regretted soon as I committed them,
Sins I have paid for in ways only I understand,
Loved those who did not deserve it,
Cursed those I should have held dear.

Am I not human?
Twisted in ways even humans cannot undo?

My nature has allowed me to do what I thought was right.
To be the wife I should be,
Become the queen of my kingdom.

I am human,
Only human.

I can see all you se,
And take in a different view,
See what you see,
And listen to what you hear,
But when the sun goes down,
I will only write my story,
With the pen only I hold.

But I don't want to be you,
To hide behind the rights and the wrongs,
Of rules I do not understand.
I'm only human.
I am this human.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment