Thursday 20 November 2014

YOU FOUND ME...

I'd waited,
Had been waiting,
It's what I'd learnt to do best.

How else could I do anything, else?
I was promised.
I believed in it.
All powers that did promise,
Sometimes,
It's all you have left,
To believe,
Because if not that,
You are more than lost.

I hoped,
That one day I'll celebrate me.
Hope, 
Of one day belonging,
Being a part of a bigger whole.

I was lost.
I needed you to find me.
Bring me back to life.
Tell me that even when it is dark, morning will come.

I prayed.
In life it is an art you learn to master the hard way,
Because as human beings we are too juiced to be superior,
To tell ourselves we can do it all on our own.
When deep down we know that is far from the truth.
We all need an anchor.
We all need an anchor.
At every point in our lives.
We all need an anchor.

I cried.
Many times.
I could not carry it,
Bear it by myself.
Take a new step,
Treading through tides,
And it was hard.
The ground seemed more friendly than the sky.
And in most times,
I wiped them myself.

Insecure,
Not believing there was any possibility of a positive outcome,
On the ground,
Couldn't go any lower.
Unsure,
Of all chances to be rescued.

You found me,
And now,
I smile.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment