Thursday 16 April 2015

PAS DE DEUX...

The battles I have to fight have caught up with me,

Crying doesn't seem to cut it,


Deep like the fear of seeing tomorrow,

Will I like him?

Will he still love me?




Will he remember the violin tune?

 A sound I thought was long gone,

One I thought I'd never hear again,

The sound we danced to, all day, everyday.

Will he still remember the dance?

Will he pick the cue?

Are you still the one for me?

Promises we made,

Still fresh if you asked me.

Leaving you behind would mean I should start a new journey,

A new one, that I cannot take without you.

I don't want to.

Please don't make me.

Every tune brings me to you.

Don't say anything,

If goodbye is all that's on your tongue.

It's a taste I hate.

Long not to know.

Did I fail the test?

Am I not the best dancer you longed to be with?

A sole ballerina, I refuse to become.

My pas de deux,

Ne me laissez pas danser seuls.

Don't let me dance alone. 

Yesterday everything seemed alright.

I was so sure I would love the idea of facing tomorrow.

I thought time healed all wounds.

All it did was open mine I thought were long healed.

My heart begs me to stop in my tracks.

I long not to move forward.

Fear engulfs my heart.

Worry, my constant company.

No comments:

Post a Comment