Friday 10 April 2015

THE RED VELVET ROPE...

I held on for so long,

Long enough to let my feelings known,

long are the nights I sat up,

Deep in thought.

I did not know how to go about it.

Like a baby,


My first step was filled with excitement and fear alike.

Like the candle in the dark,

I knew,

I just knew no matter how dark it got,

The darkness wouldn't blow out my light.

Light.

It got dim sometimes.

Many times.

And every time,

I got weaker.

I kept holding on to the red velvet rope.

Soft to the touch,

Stronger than I ever thought it would be,

Could be.

There are days I was to afraid to make the first step to make my day.

Always hiding in lyrics,

Saying,

Telling myself I shouldn't shine too bright,

That it was only meant for them.

Oh my boots are on,

Tight like the rope you hold out at me.

It's been hanging here long.

About time I took the knot and tied it.


No comments:

Post a Comment