Tuesday 20 June 2017

I STOOD WITH YOU...

I used to stand by the window with you,

The rain drops were a quiet, subtle reminder of the storms we have been through

I knew I should do something,

What it was, wasn't however as clear as the drops that fell on the rocks

 

 

 

The smell of water sipping through the earth,

In a failed attempt to mask the smell of blood,

From the slaughtering of kindness and grace, we had just finished.

Slice after slice,

Hack after hack,

We knew we should have done something,

What it was, wasn't however as clear as the drops that fell on the rocks

 

Crying in the rain,

A common getaway for hearts as lost as ours,

But how do you mix dust and water?

The dirt, a mirror of what we have become,

We knew we should have done something,

What it was, was perhaps as clear as the drops that fell on the rocks.

We knew it because we slaughtered the kindness and grace,

Right at the window,

Where I stood with you


No comments:

Post a Comment