Thursday 2 May 2013

Letter to a long lost love...

Are you okay?
Now ask me that.
I am not.
If you are not with me,
I am not fine,
I am not myself.

Every passing day, I wake up and hope it's the day you'll show up again.

I hope today is that day.

So much has happened since you left.
I landed that job I always told you about,
What's more, a bigger offer is in the offing.
I am going places love,
But all that don't make much sense,
because you are not here to celebrate with me.

My sisters,
They ask about you all the time.
Is he any taller nowadays?
I have no answer to that,
because even I don't know.
Are you?
Are you taller?
Darker?
Slimmer?
Do you still tell those jokes that were not really funny,
what made me laugh so hard was how you said them.

My sister's getting married.
Thought you should know that.
I think I am supposed to bring someone
All these men parading to come with me,
They got nothing on you.

They don't love me like you did.
They don't laugh like you do.
They do not make coffee and sausages like you do.
Truth is, they can't,
Because they are not you.

I can't make them.
Unfair, I know.
But I got a stubborn heart you see.
It is in constant fights with my mind,
Asking me to give him a chance,
But he is not you.
And like I said,
My heart is quite stubborn.
I push it towards that direction too,
Because I don't want to leave.
I want to sit here and wait for you.
I said I would love you for a thousand years.
It's only been a few months, so I'll keep waiting.

When it's time for me to go, I will.
I just hope that you will be by my side.
I am not living right.
I am not who I am supposed to be.
When you are not by my side, all is utterly lost.

Because you,
You are not here.



No comments:

Post a Comment