Wednesday 24 June 2015

BORROWED HAPPINESS...

When it's all said and done,
When I can't let you leave,
When I know how deep this is,
Where it comes from,
All but borrowed happiness.

When I know I can't breathe when you are not with me,
When I see your face in all I see.
When your name is the most beautiful part of my life,
The most beautiful sound I have had to hear,
All but borrowed happiness.



When I am more than willing to step down,
Be who I wasn't before,
More than willing to let you win,
And every time it kills me,
A slow death I am not struggling to keep away,
For borrowed happiness.

The pain in my hands and feet,
One I pray will not reach my heart like a bacteria,
Eat up my flesh until I am no more.
Feel the power leave me and sit on you,
Your throne, one I am willing to bow before,
For the sake of borrowed happiness.

My breasts heave in longing for your embrace,
My fingers,
They shake to have you within reach.
My eyes are dry from the rivers and rivers of tears.
Still, I choose to stay,
Let you lay with me and not feel the warmth,
In search of borrowed happiness.

My rescue, the ability to forget,
When I am no longer who I used to be,
All my fabric lost in search of a heart so cold I can't breathe anymore,
For borrowed happiness.

The time I long for,

When it is all said and done,
When I can let you leave,
When I do not know how deep this is,
Where it came from,
For my happiness.

When I know I can breathe when you are not with me,
When I do not see your face in all I see.
When your name is not the most beautiful part of my life,
The most beautiful sound I never had to hear,
For my happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment