Tuesday 30 June 2015

ON MY FEET...

I've been fighting wars I didn't even know existed,
And every time I thought it was over,
I heard the sound of it again.
In vain I tried to stop,
But I couldn't,
I just couldn't.

When the noises stopped,
I thought the silence would bring peace.
Pieces of me were strewn across my face,

Everyone who looked at me saw but the broad smile.

I've been fighting wars I thought I could win alone.
I thought I am the strongest daughter my mother brought forth,
Sometimes the strength I ride on is borrowed.
I don't like to dwell on debts.
My peace I hold dear,
Even when it is the only thing keeping me from stopping the wars.

I've been fighting long and hard,
My knuckles have bled,
My fingers are no more.
The little strength I have left is only meant to keep me on my feet.

I am tired.

Somebody sound the alarm,
Call the police, call the doctors,
The paramedics should rush to this scene,
The scenes they will find are not far from a gory accident.

The blood in here should show you the struggles I have endured,
I'm short of breath,
And my body is covered in bruises.

I am not lying down.
I am on my feet.

Though I do not know I am at war,
I am on the winning side.
Though surrounded with pools of blood,
I am on my feet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment