Monday 22 June 2015

IT ENDS...I PROMISE

I promise, 

That one day you will look back and it will not be the same.

The fear of what might be, what never was.

The ability to look beyond is not easy to master, but I promise,

It ends.

Once I walked that path,

And like a child,

I thought it was the best I never walked before.

Foolish I thought I had been,

For taking too long.

Now I stand at the finish line,

Looking back over my shoulder,

It seems the most intriguing journey I took.

I am not the same girl that stood at the beginning.

Old now,

Wiser too.

A woman I am proud to be.

The horror I have had to wash off with my bare hands,

The dirt I saw drip from my skin,

Every grain a worthy effort.

With every scrub,

I became the glow you see today.

I have travelled a path long enough,

And because I am human I promise I will walk that life again,

Read that page again.

The understanding and peace that comes with it,

All prices I am but willing to pay for.

My prize sits at the very end.

It ends, I promise.

And then it starts again,

And you choose to walk it,

Letting go makes the trip fair,

A clean slate, no judgements on previous opinions.

That, is the beauty therein,

That though it ends, you have the choice to do it again.

You always do.


2 comments:

  1. A lovely piece...the story of life, a never ending path of starts, pauses and stops...

    ReplyDelete