Friday 17 November 2017

Too Much 'Babe', and None Of 'My Name'

Not once did I think I'd be this girl,
The thought of you with someone else,
When all of that ought to have been mine

Your love used to lift me up,
From the lowest pit I used to be in
Down, down, down
From where I have been for as long as I can remember.

I choose not to look back,
But I long for days when it all meant something,
But not anymore.

Why did I hold on so long?

You used to love me,
You used to want to hold me.
You used to... but not any more.

It's time to walk away,
I will play it tough,
Love me the best I know how.

The very ground I stand on is not my own,
But the breath in my lungs belongs to me,
My life is my own.
The sun may be out,
But the clouds hanging atop my head,
A constant reminder that I can play tough and play by myself,

But this superwoman needs more than a cape,
A soul to rescue me is all I need.
You used to want me,
But right now, 
all I hear is too much babe, and none of my name


No comments:

Post a Comment