Friday 7 June 2013

MY LOVE FOR A BLIND MAN...

I wish I could cry,
but even that might not ease the pain,
the aches,
That come every time I think of you.

It was marvellous,
though short lived.
Will you hate me,
If I tell you I knew this before it happened?
I knew it would come.
Because boys like you,
don't love girls like me.

Boys like you don't cause hurt.
But you didn't even know I fell in love with you,
I was afraid you see,
of having this hole in me at a time like this.
Boys like you,
you don' talk about feelings, because you don't see.

My love for a blind man,
proved to me that you don't need eyes to see certain things,
and even if you do have the gift of sight,
you could be as blind as a blind man. 
Not seeing all that is before you.
Girls like me,
We love in silence, and wait for the bomb of a heartbreak to go off on us,
Shutter our tiny hearts into nothing short of a thousand pieces.

I am too blind,
just like love.
We don't see the future. 
We don't see holes before we fall into them. 
We are too trusting and crush too easily. 

My blind lover, 
you helped me see things I never knew existed. 
Your kindness shone through all magnificence
that's high valued than gold and diamond.

How do I awake from my shuttered being? 
It's not easy being a girl like me. 
It takes more than just the bright of day,
to get us up and running. 
Girls like me, 
are not covered in blind cowardice.
We brave every heart ache with a rolled up sleeve. 
We have enough strength to love the blind man.


No comments:

Post a Comment