Wednesday 12 June 2013

THE WAR OF LIFE...

Didn't  I do it right?
Didn't I do all I said I would?
Wasn't I who I said I would be?
Didn't I become all that you wanted?

I honoured my end of the bargain.
But you repay me with unkindness,
and mock my humility.

You whose feet I have wiped,
whose stomach I have filled.
and head roofed.


No gratitude whatsoever,
From a soul as filled as yours.
Not knowing what I need,
And knows not what it is to appreciate. 

You are cursed dear friend.
For no man's sin shall go unpunished. 
Lucky are you,
For you have known bonds
With friends and kin of a kind nature.

They have taken in all your unfounded episodes,
And not so meticulous many an action.
Heed my words dear friend. 
Look for the good in all the bad. 
Take time to share a kind word. 
He is wise,
He who knows a clear heart,
And has no trouble making clean any impure hearts.
 
There is hope.
Even for you, 
Whose heart the judge supreme,
Will not spare in my books scripted. 

Those before me, myself and those to come,
Have said our own,
Take it. 
Feed a man and you shall not help him, 
Give him a spoon, and he shall have learnt a new skill.
Oh the spoons we have accorded you dear friend!
Partake of the table of wise men, 
And you shall be a warrior in the war of life.




No comments:

Post a Comment