Monday 15 July 2013

THE STORYTELLER...

They loved me,
Because I was a good storyteller,
Sharing my story so well
I felt like they were there
Only problem is I only said the beautiful part.

And now you think that's all I made you believe,
That I lie when I say I love you,
My children,
If I should put all the fear away from you,

And do so by making you believe that bad doesn't exist,
Then go right ahead and believe.
Because bad exists in what you believe.

Happiness is a choice.I ask you to pick that path.
Believe in my story telling,
Of boys met and of moneys lost.

Believe all I have been able to share with you.
It makes me who I am.
Who you know,
Perhaps not every piece of me,
But the most believing part
That carries more weight than flesh and blood.

Believe the stories of this storyteller,
Perhaps not as genuine.
I lied, in a bid to make you know the truth,
That life offers you choices,
And to believe storytellers, or not,
Those like me who say what we deem fit,
Truths and half truths,
Of loves lost and of good music,
One whose lyric says all we hold near to the heart,
Whose beat is the one in the heart,
Will make you wise.

Was I good a storyteller?
Of lives lived and friends lost?
Of ties broken and and bonds newly made,
I sure hope I was,
One to inspire your own story,
However different from mine it may be.

It don't matter too much.
I hope I form part of any bone in the body that is your story,
Be part of the heart that makes it live.
Of stories told in mine shared,
I, the storyteller ,
Of the lore yet written.

No comments:

Post a Comment