Sunday 11 August 2013

YOU SHOULD SEE ME NOW...

You should see me now,
I grew into a beautiful girl.
I have been told I have a charming smile,
But what they do not know,
Is I look exactly like you.

Growing up without you
Hasn't been easy,
But not once did I forget you.
All you taught me has been handy,
All you told me too useful,
Even though you were not here,
Not  a day went by that you were not in my life.

I brought  a boy home the other day,
You would have loved him same way I do.
I met a boy who cares for me,
Just like you do.

He is well travelled and speaks good english.
He holds my hand and makes me laugh.
Me, you and him would have made a world of perfection.
You should see me now,
See what I turned into.

Did I do it right?
Did I make you proud?
Did I put it like you like it?

Not a single day passes without you with me,
Even though you have been gone too long.

I step forward with pride,
Of all I've become,
Been struck down many a time,
Been too low for a while,
But your love brought me back up,
Pushed me a day farther,
To bring me closer to what I have become.

You should see how I turned out,
I know I made you proud.
Sometimes I swear it's the only thing that keeps me going.
To know you are smiling down on me,
Preparing a place right next to you,
Though not a day goes by,
When you are not with me.
You are not here,
But not a day,
Not a day goes by,
That you are not here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment