Thursday 26 February 2015

CITY LIGHTS...

The city lights,

Though surrounded in darkness,

Shine through, Reminding me of you.

Not the light above me,

Or the ground beneath me,


Can tell the sight of my heart.

Too small for joy it seems,

Too large for sorrow,

Though surrounded by millions of you,

Not one can replace you.

My steps are forward but moving back.

Every step counts, no

My heart beat pounds, no

If my fist could guard my heart,

If my kicks could take me far enough,

It would be a miracle,

To see my frown turned upside down.

My vision's still blurry,

And I can't help but think I see you clearly.

Rip my heart away,

Replace it with my fist because it can put up a better fight.

Take away my smile,

My eyes will say all my mouth will stutter.

I'll be picking pieces of you,

In every one of them is a bit of me.

In the city lights,

Though they flicker,

They make it through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment