Thursday 5 March 2015

THE GHOST OF YOU...

It's the breath you cannot claim,

The time you cannot have back.

It's the laughter, the memories,

So deep you cannot come to terms with the reality.


Walking around, everybody seems alright,

But they shouldn't be.

Who gave them the right?

While you lay there, cold like a log,

While we wet your body with our tears,

They should have known,

that life has robbed us of all we knew was right,

What do we do in the night?

If not take walks with you?

Day,

If not talk to you,

Stare at you,

Live life with you,

Living.

We shouldn't do that.

No screams, no tears,

No amount of living could bring back that which you gave us.

How do we take the first step?

How to look back and use that,

To tread forward?

We know not how to live life anymore.

With your death came mine.

All powers are against me.

We were against the world,

The strongest pair you ever saw.

In my darkness, you saw light.

In my smile, you saw the deep sadness.

And even though I was ugly inside,

You told me I was the most beautiful you ever saw.

My nakedness,

Perfection in your eyes.

I did not have to hide.

My tears you washed away,

Yet now, you are nowhere to be found.

I cry at the thought of not seeing you,

Not touching you,

Not breathing the air you breathe.

Someone free me from these shackles of sadness.

I cannot take a step,

Be who I am without you here.

I should leave you be.

For although you left,

I live,

With nothing but the ghost of you.


3 comments: