Wednesday 6 February 2013

LAUGHTER IN MY HEART

No
They lied to you
My life is nothing like that
My life is not perfect

I cry
And I sulk
I blame people for my sadness
I have also contemplated killing them

I looked at one the other time and thought
No, they do not deserve to live



Because it was they
Who took away my life

How dare they walk untouched,
like nothing
nobody died

But I did

I wanted to shout it on the roof tops
Tell the whole world to crucify them
I shouted
And even though some felt it would be legitimate murder
I realised what damage I was doing to my own lungs

I had shouted so much I couldn't breathe easy

And I am falling
High from my mountain

They try to catch me,
Bu I am moving too fast
I am almost hitting the ground
I am in the air
With nothing to hold on to

I am in the air

Wait,but
I am in the air

I am free
The hand I once held so firmly
Is not holding me down anymore

I am free
I can breathe easy

Alas!
I can shout too,but this time
Through my music
Through the beautiful rhythm created by the laughter in my heart


No comments:

Post a Comment